- The AKAPA serves as the collective “voice” on critical issues and is the only PA organization in the State of Alaska repressing and acting with the PA in mind.
- AKAPA represents Alaska PAs at the AAPA House of Delegates.
- Reduced CME Registration for all AKAPA hosted events allow PAs to network industry professionals and partners and learn about the latest in health care from leading experts
- The Mediphone is the only publication solely devoted to updating PAs in issues affecting PAs practicing in Alaska.
4. Web site
- The AKAPA website provides access to a members-only section containing AKAPA membership directory, updates on most recent events affecting PAs, and much more.
5. Public Education
- AKAPA informs the public about PAs.
6. Leadership Development
- AKAPA provides opportunity for state and national leadership development and Academy participation on a variety of levels.
- AKAPA provides Alaska PAs with access to job information.
- AKAPA provides two PA student scholarships yearly.
- AKAPA annually recognizes outstanding PAs, including the Alaska PA of the Year.
- AKAPA provides networking opportunities with other PAs.